Beyonce has been named the world’s most powerful woman in music by Forbes.
The 2018 world’s most powerful women list was released hours ago to celebrate women who are making strides and charting the course.
For the most powerful women in entertainment, popular names such as Shonda Rhimes, Anna Wintour, Priyanka Chopra, Serena Williams, Taylor Swift, Oprah Winfrey and more made it to the list.
The 2018 World’s Most Powerful Women list celebrates the icons, innovators, and instigators who are using their voices to change power structures and create a lasting impact.
Here’s the full list of Media and Entertainment power women:
1. Oprah Winfrey, Media mogul
2. Shari Redstone, Vice Chair, CBS & Viacom
3. Bonnie Hammer, Chair, NBCUniversal Cable Entertainment
4. Donna Langley, Chair, Universal Pictures
5. Anna Wintour, Artistic Director, Conde Nast
6. Beyoncé, Singer
7. Dana Walden, Chairman, Disney TV Studios and ABC Entertainment
8. Katharine Viner, Editor-in-Chief, Guardian
9. Taylor Swift, Singer
10. Zanny Minton Beddoes, Editor-in-Chief, The Economist
11. Kathleen Kennedy, President, Lucasfilm
12. Shonda Rhimes, Showrunner
13. Arianna Huffington, Founder & CEO, Thrive Global
14. Serena Williams, Tennis player
15. Shobhana Bhartia, Chair, HT Media
16. Priyanka Chopra, Actress
I’m an associate editor at Forbes covering media and entertainment, with a focus on the movie business. For the magazine, I’ve written cover stories on MORE